Sticky Balsamic Lamb with lentil and apple salad
This lovely quick family meal is made with cutlets, but you could substitute for any lamb cut that you like.
- 1 Large non stick frying pan
- 1 Large bowl
- 12 Lamb cutlets or other lamb cut
- 1/3 cup Balsamic glaze
- 400 grams Lentils Tinned - look for low sugar low sat. If you have time you can cook your own lentils.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple Cored, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 sticks Celery Sliced thinly
- 2 cups Rocket
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds ) toasted
- 100 grams Blue cheese crumbled Can replace for a lactose free cheese or a goats cheese.
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the frying pan over medium to high heat. While it is heating lightly season the lamb. Cook lamb to your liking.Place on a plate. Add 1/4 cup of balsamic glaze to the pan and bring to a simmer. Return lamb to pan and coat in sauce. Remove from heat and rest .
- Combine lentils, apple, celery, rocket and toasted pepitas in a large bowl. Arrange the salad on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with the remaining balsamic glaze. Top with the lamb
Optional to add more vegetables add these to the salad
- Baby beetroot
- Roast sweet potato
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grated carrot