Seeing a naturopath can be beneficial for heart health as they approach wellness and disease prevention from a holistic perspective. Naturopaths focus on identifying the root cause of health issues, including heart problems, and treat the whole person, not just the symptoms. They may use a combination of natural remedies, such as nutrition, herbs, supplements, and lifestyle modifications to improve cardiovascular health. Additionally, they can help manage risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol, through natural means. By working with a naturopathic doctor, individuals can take a proactive approach to their heart health, receive personalized care and support, and potentially avoid or reduce the need for pharmaceutical interventions.
The main heart problems that a Naturopath like Leah can help with include:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Heart failure
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats)
- Congenital heart disease (present at birth)
- Cardiomyopathy (disease of the heart muscle)
- Valvular heart disease
- Pericarditis (inflammation of the sac around the heart)
- Aortic aneurysm (dilation of the aorta)
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of a lung artery).
It’s important to note that many heart problems have multiple underlying causes and can be influenced by lifestyle factors such as diet, physical activity, stress and smoking. Consulting a healthcare professional is important in properly diagnosing and treating heart problems.