Gluten and grain free tortillas
Gluten Free Grain Free Tortillas
Light and fluffy Tortillas that are grain,corn,gluten free
- 1 Cast-iron Skillet well oiled
- 1 large Egg For egg free see note
- 1 tablespoon Fine coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Tapioca flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk - almond or your favourite
- For the egg-free version - whisk flax meal and water and set aside
- For the egg version - lightly whisk the egg and milk together in a large bowl
- Mix dry ingredients together - if needed sift.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and blend until just combined. Don't overwork the batter. Consistency should be like cream. If to runny add a little more milk
- Heat the frying pan to medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the frying pan. Tilt the pan to make sure the batter is even
- Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Flip and cook other side
- Serve warm or freeze
Egg-free version 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal 3 tablespoons of water set aside until thickens Cook tortillas on low-slow heat until they crispen up. Don't rush them